Roiter Out; Men Playing Host

First-year women's tennis coach Kate Roiter resigned Tuesday, citing personal reasons, according to members of the team.

JoAnn Nester, Assistant Director in the Athletic Department, informed the team of Roiter's resignation Tuesday evening. The details of Roiter's decision remain unknown to the team's players.

"While we are disappointed to see Kate leave, the team supports her in her decision and wishes her the best in the future," Kelsey Surbaugh '04 said.

Roiter was appointed head coach in August, replacing Jen Callen, who coached the Big Green for two years before taking a position at the University of North Carolina.

As a result of Roiter's resignation, the women's tennis team will not compete at the Rolex National Championship this weekend as scheduled. Since this tournament was going to be the team's last of the fall, the Big Green's season has now ended.

Meanwhile, the men's tennis team hosts the Dartmouth Invitational tomorrow thru Monday at the Alexis Boss Tennis Center.

The Big Green will get a chance to compete against players from UNLV, Yale, Princeton, Harvard, Assumption, Farleigh Dickinson and Rutgers.

"I think the team will be well prepared for this weekend's event," Drew Dinkmeyer '04 said.