Crew Hopes for First at Head of Foot

Both the varsity and the novice women's crews return to Cambridge, Mass., for the second time this fall season tomorrow morning to compete in the Foot of the Charles.

Unlike the prestigious Head of the Charles in which schools competed in boats of eight rowers, the Foot of the Charles is a much smaller regatta and features four-person boats from schools primarily in the Northeast.

Nevertheless, the Big Green women's novice crews are looking to build on the momentum created after last week's victory at the Yale Invitational. Last week's win marked a great step forward for the novice women, as they defeated Eastern Association of Women's Rowing Colleges rivals Yale and Boston University.

This week's race will feature many more competitors from the EAWRC and will give Dartmouth an opportunity to gauge its progress against some of the other elite crews within the league.

The varsity women will be looking to shake off the cobwebs as they compete for the first time in two weeks.

Look for the first varsity four to pull off a repeat performance of its finish at the Princeton Chase and finish among the top five crews.