Sailors raise trophy at Boston U.

The freshmen were flying this past weekend for the Dartmouth sailing program, as the team captured yet another team title and qualified for the Freshman Atlantic Coast Championships.

Dartmouth coeds wrapped up the Boston University Invitational, besting the field of ten on the chilly Charles River on Sunday. The team was led by sophomores Graham Roth, Peter Cunningham and Allison Swindell. Freshman Liz Hyon's strong performance put the team on top.

At Bowdoin, a host of freshman put together another strong effort, finishing fourth overall. The fourth-place finish left the team well short of winning the Nickerson Trophy, but it did qualify the '05s for the Freshman Atlantic Coast Championship, to be held at Brown on Nov. 10-11.

The women, meanwhile, were unable to take home Harvard's Victorian Coffee Urn (Who are these guys kidding?) Trophy, despite another great performance. Yet another freshman came up big as the Big Green beat all the very best schools in the Northeast, except host Harvard.

Lauren Padilla '05 teamed up with sophomore Christina Lyndon, coasting to a second-place finish in B Division. The young pair was a mere four points behind Harvard. In top-tier action, senior All-American Jen Morgan and Cindy Keppel '02 were a close second to Harvard's Margaret Gill and Susan Bonney, quite possibly the premier female pairing in the nation. Morgan and Keppel's performance put them just two points shy of Gill and Bonney over the course of 13 races, indicating that the women will again be in good shape to compete for the national championship come this spring.

In the more immediate future, the Dartmouth women will try to rebound from this week's second-place finish, looking to take home the Atlantic Coast Championship crown.