A Lesson in Allegory

I knew this kid in elementary school named Sam. He was a really big guy for his age, and because of that, a lot of kids respected him. There was a small contingency, however, that really hated him, out of jealousy, or whatever. Recess was the worst time of day for Sam because the small group of kids that hated him would hide out behind the trees and throw pine cones and rocks at him, from really far away.

He knew that he could beat up any one of those kids, but his mom warned him to turn the other cheek. The bigger man walks away, she would tell him. Well, in walking away, he would quite often get a rock in the back of the head, when he wasn't even looking. Then, turning around, no one would be in sight. Well, one day out at recess, the bad kids thought up a plan. They gave two of the stupider bad kids snap bracelets on the condition that the two kids would go up to Sam and punch him. Right in the kidneys from behind was the plan. They'd get him from behind so he wouldn't even see them coming. Well, the two stupid ones snuck up behind Sam, and whacked him hard in both kidneys.

After school that day, Sam rode his bike over to the house where all those bad kids hung out after school. When they saw him, they ran like hell out back into their tree forts and stuff. Well, unfortunately for them, Sam found each one of them, and broke their noses bad. He pretty much said if they didn't leave him alone, he'd do it again. Nobody ever threw stuff at Sam again.