Meet vice-presidential candidate Aly Rahim

Q: What can you offer that your opponents can't?

A: Unlike our opponents Michael and I offer a platform guaranteeing the overhaul of the SA as it stands. Every one of our opponents is a part of the current SA establishment. Their concessions are reactions to our reform. If you believe the SA truly needs overwhelming reform, then we are your candidates.

Q: What things need to be improved on campus? How will you address these problems and in what order?

A: Student government must be an organ of advocacy. Real and fundamental issues that concern the student body at large must be the foundation of the assembly agenda. The first thing that must be improved on campus, therefore, is the Student Assembly itself. Only when it is a representative body can it truly represent the voice of the students.

Q: What failings do you have and how will you make up for them?

A: My failing may be that our plan disturbs many current SA insiders. Most of these individuals are dynamic leaders who are simply part of a flawed institution. My greatest challenge will be recruiting them to the cause of SA reform.

Q: How can Student Assembly be improved and why?

A: We believe the 7-Point Plan can initiate the movement for significant SA reform. It outlines the principles that must underlie such a process. The plan is not meant to be exhaustive; it sets out the basic principles and initiates a process for overhaul of the SA.

Q: What would ouu tell the Class of 2005 about Dartmouth?

A: Dartmouth is engaged in a major process of rethinking many things on our campus. One of the easiest and best places to start is reinventing how students govern themselves. We would ask the 05s to get involved in this effort of restoring legitimate student government to Dartmouth.