Exec. Committee finalizes officers

The Senior Executive Committee for the Class of 2000, which acts as the alumni relations liason between the class and the College for the next five years, has finalized the specific positions for its members.

While the 20 member committee has been in place since February, it is only recently that the members received their appointments to explicit tasks.

The executive board consists of President Kelly Bodio, Vice President Shannon Danzy, Treasurer Emily Anadu, Secretary Kelly Heaps, Alumni Council representative Olivia Carpenter, Head Agent Janelle Ruley, newsletter editor Eric Buchman and mini-reunion Head Chair Julie Kachniasz.

Twelve of the committee members were elected by their classmates, the remaining eight were appointed by a College selection committee composed of Director of Student Activities Linda Kennedy, Dean of Student Life Holly Sateia, 2000 Class Dean Teoby Gomez and assistant director of Alumni Relations Stacy Wooley.

"The importance of the head agent in the first five years after graduation is that the position will lay the groundwork for class participation. If people get into the habit of giving to Dartmouth, then it will pave the way for larger gifts later," said Ruley, who is in charge of raising money from the class.

The duties of the SEC begin before graduation, with the responsibility of planning portions of Class Day, as well as choosing the nine marshals to lead the class during commencement.