June 6, 2024 | Latest Issue

St. Lawrence holds onto top spot

St. Lawrence 5, Colgate 1

In a battle between the top two teams in the ECAC, St. Lawrence crushed Colgate in a 5-1 home victory last Friday.

St. Lawrence winger Alan Fyfe notched a hat trick and an assist and center Erik Anderson had four assists in the game.

The Saints snapped Colgate's six-game winning streak to preserve its first-place spot in the conference.

RPI 4, Yale 1

Rennselear's backup goalie Scott Prekaski made 22 saves in a 4-1 victory over the Bulldogs.

In his first start since Jan. 14, Prekaski filled in for ECAC's best goaltender, Joel Laing, who was sidelined due to illness.

Yale took a 1-0 lead after the first period, but the Engineers fought back for four consecutive goals to seal the victory at home.

Princeton 6, Union 1

Princeton's Chris Corrinet scored twice in a 6-1 victory at Union. The Tigers snapped a five-game losing streak, while the Skating Dutchmen lost their second straight game.

Princeton outshot Union 35-29, including a power play goal.

Cornell 8, Clarkson 3

Three goaltenders, eight goals allowed.

Clarkson used three of its goaltenders -- Karl Mattson, Shawn Grant and Mike Walsh, but that wasn't enough against Cornell who scored eight goals on 33 shots against the netminders.

Cornell's Matt Underhill had 22 saves on the other side of the rink.

The Big Red were three for seven in man-advantage situations, while Clarkson was two for five.

St. Lawrence 3, Cornell 1

The Saints snapped a 1-1 tie with just over four minutes to play to steal a 3-1 victory from Cornell at Canton, N.Y. on Saturday.

St. Lawrence kept its first place standing in the ECAC with a 12-2-1 conference record.

Colgate 4, Clarkson 2

Thanks to Shep Harder's 44 save performance, second-place Colgate took a 4-2 win at Clarkson.

Colgate broke the 2-2 tie at 12:44 in the third frame on a goal by Kevin Johns. The Red Raiders scored an empty net goal with 24 seconds remaining.

Princeton 4, RPI 3

Princeton's Brad Parsons scored a hat trick to lift the Tigers to a 4-3 victory over RPI at Troy, N.Y.

Parsons had two power-play goals and a breakaway goal.

Yale 4, Union 2

Union wished Mark Wise had started in the net in its home game versus Yale.

Wise replaced starter Brandon Snee, who allowed four goals on 14 shots, in the second period. Wise didn't allow any goals on 17 shots in the last 31:33 he played.