Women's soccer defeats BU, 3-1

All-American candidate Melissa Roth '00 scored two goals and assisted on another as the Dartmouth women's soccer team defeated Boston University, 3-1, yesterday at Singer Family Park in Manchester, N.H.

The Big Green picked up its third straight victory to improve their season record to 8-6-1. The Terriers dropped to 10-7.

Roth scored her first goal of the afternoon in the 15th minute when she finished off a 12-yarder on a cross from Annie Gibson '03.

After the intermission, the senior forward tallied the eventual game-winner in the 65th minute mark when she dribbled past two Terrier defenders and beat BU goalie Meghan Lynch on a one-on-one chance.

Thirteen minutes later, Roth found her classmate Jessica Post '00 with a through ball and Post managed to score the Green's third goal from a tough angle.

BU's Deirdre Enos snapped Kristin Luckenbill's shutout bid when she scored BU's lone goal at 79:14.

Luckenbill finished with eight saves, while BU's two goalkeepers each made two saves, Beth Weisman in the first half and Lynch in the second half.

The Terriers outshot the Big Green, 12-10.

The Dartmouth squad will be back in action on Saturday when they visit Harvard University in Cambridge, MA.