Dean of Tuck School reappointed

Dean of the Amos Tuck School of Business Administration Paul Danos accepted his reappointment at the College for another four years yesterday.

"Dean Danos has been an outstanding leader who has, while strengthening Tuck's ongoing programs, also pursued an exceptional array of important initiatives," College President James Wright said in a statement.

Danos became the ninth dean of the Tuck School, where he is also a full professor, in 1995.

He said he is excited for his next four years as dean and called Dartmouth "a great place to live and a great place to work."

"I do really like the concept of having focus and real high quality in everything that we do," he said.

Danos has worked in three major areas during his time at Tuck: globalization, leadership in technology and the use of information technology.

"We've created several programs around the world," he said. "We're in Europe and Asia, and we're going to Latin America soon. That's been very satisfying."

The international programs that have started while Danos has been dean include the Global Business Bridge Program, a month-long summer program for undergraduate liberal arts students that provides them with an intense introduction to global business.

Danos also said Tuck has been a leader in advancing technology.

The Whittemore Wing, the Bosworth Study Center and computerized classrooms and study space provide hi-tech learning environments. Tuck also has an extensive web-based system that helps students find information quickly.

"We have some of the best facilities in the world," he said.

Danos said he plans to continue making improvements to Tuck in his next four-year term.

Tuck is currently conducting a comprehensive review of its long-term strategy, he said.

"We're looking at all the elements of Tuck and the world, how our students get to know us, and how we attract professors," Danos said.

In addition, Tuck is building a new residential center, Whittemore Hall, for its students. Danos said construction will begin this May, and the building will open in September 2000.