'02 officers provide leadership, unity

Class of 2002 President Josh Warren, probably best known for rushing the field at the Homecoming game, said he really isn't like that all the time.

"I'm a serious person, but I rarely act serious," said Warren, who does not want to be remembered for rushing the field.

"I'm trying to make a positive contribution to enable people to have a good time and a more rewarding year," he said.

Warren is from Upper Saddle River, N.J., a suburb of New York City, and attended Northern Highlands Regional High School.

Warren said he ran for class president because he wanted the chance to work with people in the Class of 2002. He was involved in student council in high school and said he liked student government.

Warren said he has lots of possible plans and ideas for the Freshman Council.

"I wanted the class council to be more responsive to what I felt the needs of the students were," Warren said. He said he felt one of the main goals of the Freshman Council is to promote class unity and to provide a way for freshmen to get involved and meet people in their class.

"It's a hard transition, and I know people feel that way," Warren said. "We want to draw people out and make the transition easier."

Warren is considering economics or philosophy as possible majors. Although he is not sure yet, policy advising, lobbying and law are other possible career choices.

In the free time he has left after his activities, Warren likes to listen to gangster rap, Pink Floyd and Bob Marley. He played soccer in high school and is playing intramural soccer here.

Warren is also a self-proclaimed New York Times addict but says that what he likes most is having a good time.

"I like hanging out with friends and joking around and stuff. That's what it's all about," Warren said.

'Having a good time'

Freshman Council Vice President Rohin Dhar is from Bethesda, Md., a suburb of Washington, D.C., and attended Walter Johnson High School.

Dhar decided to run for vice president because he thought it was a good opportunity to work with people in the freshman class and the Dartmouth community. Dhar also served as his high school class and said he is looking forward to the fun and responsibilities ahead.

Dhar said he came to Dartmouth because of the great people he met, who seemed "down to earth and interesting."

"I'm so glad I'm here. The classes are challenging, but I'm also having a good time," Dhar said.

Possible majors for Dhar include government, economics and history. He said he's unsure of a career, but wants to use the speaking and people skills he's learned in student government and debate in his work.

Dhar is a member of the parliamentary debate team and hopes to get involved with the Jack-o-Lantern humor magazine. In high school, he was a member of the baseball team, and said he loves sports, especially tennis, golf and bowling.