Police continue search for vandals of KKG

While no arrests have yet been made in connection with last month's incident of vandalism at Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority, investigators are still continuing their search for the person or persons responsible for breaking into the sorority and defacing and damaging objects inside the house.

Hanover Police Detective-Sergeant Frank Moran declined to identify any suspects for fear of "jeopardizing the investigation," but he said investigators believe the perpetrators are members of the Dartmouth community,

"We have investigated other possibilities, but to date the focus of the investigation has been on a Dartmouth-related perpetrator or group of perpetrators," Moran said.

Investigators will continue to conduct interviews and try to identify suspects, but Moran said it is "unclear" whether any arrests will be made "any time soon."

Moran said police have been conducting interviews to gather information about the case since the incident happened on July 13.

The investigation was delayed in late July and early August when the Hanover Police assisted in the investigation of works of art stolen from the College. Moran and the rest of the Hanover Police detective division spent several days in Londonderry gathering evidence that led to the eventual arrest of Assistant Attorney General William McCallum in connection with the thefts.

Once the Hanover detectives were finished with the art case, Moran said the investigation of the KKG incident was resumed. This happened "about a week-and-a-half ago," he said.

The incident occurred in the early morning hours of Saturday, July 13 when most of KKG's members were off campus at a "sister overnight."

Members of KKG returned home at approximately 10 a.m. to find the house "absolutely trashed," KKG Summer President Kate Armstrong '98 wrote in an e-mail message that morning. According to Armstrong, the vandalism of the house included the destruction of property and feces in KKG's kitchen.

Armstrong declined to comment last night, other than to say KKG is supporting the police's efforts to bring the person or persons responsible for the crime to justice.