Senior charaged with criminal threatening

The Hanover Police Department arrested a Dartmouth senior Monday evening and charged him with four counts of criminal threatening.

Sung Noh , is "currently in our custody," said the arresting officer, Hanover Police Detective Sergeant Frank Moran .

According to a press release issued by Hanover Police, Noh allegedly "threatened to commit homicide against four individuals who are acquaintances of his during a social gathering" late Saturday evening at a student's off-campus apartment.

Hanover Police declined to name the alleged victims.

Noh was placed in the Grafton County Jail Monday evening when he was found unable to pay $10,000 bail. During Noh's arraignment yesterday morning, his bail was raised to $40,000, according to the press release.

Noh's final bail status will be determined at a hearing this morning in the Hanover District Court. The hearing is tentatively scheduled for 10:00 a.m., Hanover Police Chief Nick Giaccone said.

Hanover Police Sergeant Michael Evans said the charge of criminal threatening is a misdemeanor crime which carries a maximum punishment of a $2,000 fine and/or one year in jail.

Evans said the charge can be invoked when a suspect "threatens to commit a crime against a person ... with the intent to terrorize."

In a telephone interview with The Dartmouth last night, Dean of the College Lee Pelton said he was aware of Noh's arrest, but had not yet read the Hanover Police press release.

Pelton said "if [Noh] has violated ... College regulations, then of course he would be ... disciplined."

Hanover Police and the Department of Safety and Security are still investigating the alleged crime.

Hanover Police said they could give no further information because the investigation is ongoing and Safety and Security officers declined to comment about the incident.