Tufts group featured in Fall Fling

The Fall Fling is an acapella concert that is traditionally held on Homecoming weekend. The Dartmouth Decibelles, an all-women group, will host the term's largest formal gathering of acapella groups.

In addition, The all-male Dartmouth Aires and Tufts Beazalbubs will spice up the evening's entertainment with a combination of old and new music, as well as riotous skits. The event will take place at Spaulding Auditorium in the Hopkins Center for the Performing Arts on Saturday night.

The Decibelles are a 12-member female group, consisting of two '96s, five '97s, four '98s and one '99. They will sing seven songs, of which more than half are new numbers, performing between the two male acts.

The Decibelles, led by Camille Masini '97, are currently setting up plans for a new album. Excitement abounds amongst the group, who have been rehearsing religiously for the Fall Fling, their first major concert of the year.

For the ever-popular Aires, this is a particularly momentous occasion as it marks their 50th anniversary year.

They will perform two new songs, out of a total of seven. The Aires are led by five "enthusiastic 96's" and also includes "four great new freshmen," according to senior members.

Allen King '96, the Director of the group expects the "usual blend of good singing and good humour" from the group.

This year the guests include the Tufts Beazalbubs who are considered to be among the best all-male groups on the East Coast.

The seniors may remember a previous Spaulding concert at which the group, stranded for hours enroute because of a snow storm, arrived half-way through the evening's entertainment only to draw a standing ovation for their redention of Billy Joel's "Celia". All in all, the combination of talents makes it a popular option for Saturday evening.

Tickets for Saturday night's 8 p.m. concert are available at the Hopkins Center Box Office. Admission is $2 for all seats.