Campus publications announce new editors

Three student-run publications, The Beacon, The Dartmouth Review and Spare Rib, recently announced their new editors in chief for the upcoming year.

Morgan Ricks '97 will be editor of The Beacon for the next year. He replaces Farouk Ladha '96.

Erika Meitner '96 will be the Spring term editor of Spare Rib, replacing co-editors Melissa Zeltner '95 and Austin Simmons '95.

Davis Brewer '95 will take over the helm of The Dartmouth Review, the off-campus conservative weekly, from Andrew Gold '95.

Ricks, who is in France, could not be reached for comment. The Beacon, currently in its fifth year of publication, is a College-recognized, primarily conservative newspaper.

"I've encouraged [Ricks] to take the Beacon to the thoughtful side and not blind conservatism," Ladha said.

Meitner, who is in New York this term, was the Fall term editor of Spare Rib, a College-recognized publication focusing on women's issues.

"Since I've been away for so long, my perspective has definitely shifted to more global women's issues and I'd like the Rib to reflect that," she said.

Brewer is not graduating this spring and will serve as The Review's editor for one year.

"I don't really see any major changes occurring," Brewer said."I think a lot of people see The Review as repetitive and harping on the same issues, but that's because the issues are still there."