Golf ends season on high note

Both the men's and women's golf teams dominated the course on Saturday, rising to the occasion of their last match of the year.

The men ended their season with a 12.5-8.5 win over Brown and a 13.5-7.5 win over Harvard.

The women's team crushed Harvard on Saturday, ending their season with a 15-2 victory.

The men and women teamed up for nine holes on Saturday morning, for a "Mixed Scotch" format of play, which paired women players with the men.

Dartmouth won the event 3.5-2.5, with the help of victories by women's captain Kelly Just '94 and Alec Dicks '96, Tanis Hunt '95 and men's captain Dominick Engels '94 and Heidi Corderrman '96 and Mike Bolf '96.

Sweet revenge for men

For the men, Saturday brought sweet revenge, for Harvard and Brown beat Dartmouth earlier in the season.

Outstanding performances this season came from Bolf, who won the medalist round on Saturday with a 70. He recorded the lowest score for the season with a 66.

Brian Kim '97, playing in the number one spot, had a clean sweep Saturday, winning all three points of both matches.

Kim made the All-Ivy League team this year, finishing third in the league for the season.

Kim and Dicks shared fourth place in the New England Championships earlier this season.

"It was very satisfying to garnish a win at home against our Ivy rivals," Engels said. "Next year will be promising."

Dicks, a two time All-Ivy League and All-New England selection, shot a 76 for the weekend.

"I wish we could start our season right now," Coach Bill Johnson said. "The guys are really starting to play well. The fall is becoming more important to us and we're looking forward to a quick start."

"With Brian Kim and Alec Dicks leading the contingent, as well as three strong prospectives coming in, we're looking forward to a very strong season next year," Johnson said.

The Big Green finished in sixth place in the Ivy League.

Women steadily improved

Every Dartmouth woman tallied points in the Big Green's final match of the season, downing Harvard in their first year of varsity status.

"It was a great way to finish the season," Just said. "I think the team will really improve into next year." Just finished the season ranked third in New England.

The Big Green women took fifth place in the Northeast Championships earlier this season.

The young team has shown steady improvement this season, achieving its low team score of the year last weekend at Boston College.

"Tournament by tournament we showed progress," Coach Izzy Johnson said. "This has been a growing and learning season. Our underclassmen will be in the position to shoot some really good scores in the fall."