Wally Joe Cook

Wally Joe Cook is a freshman from Breezy Point, NY and a graduate of Regis High School.  Wally Joe plans to major in Government and Economics at Dartmouth, and decided to join the D because of his interest in politics and journalism. Before joining the D, Wally Joe wrote for his high school newspaper and Politico. In his spare time, Wally Joe likes to ski and play Spikeball.

Articles

The College will now require that an athletic recruit's credentials be reviewed and approved by an administrator, according to spokesperson Diana Lawrence.

news

College to alter admissions practice

Dartmouth will change its practices to protect the integrity of the admissions process for incoming athletes following a federal investigation that uncovered a widespread college admissions scandal and resulted in the arrest of 50 people.

news

Campus responds to racist emails

Student Assembly has put forth a proposal to reform Dartmouth’s response to bias incidents, following backlash surrounding the College’s handling of a series of racist and sexually explicit emails sent to Dartmouth community members and campus. In a resolution emailed to campus on Feb. 14, Student Assembly called for the College to implement a more efficient and transparent system for responding to bias incidents, and SA leadership met with administrators on Feb. 20 to discuss the system for reporting bias incidents.

news

Upper Valley feels effects of government shutdown

Although the debate surrounding the longest federal government shutdown in American history is centered in Washington, D.C., the effects have been felt in the Upper Valley and specifically Hanover, according to Hanover town manager Julia Griffin.

News

Kirsten Gillibrand ’88 enters presidential race

Kirsten Gillibrand ’88 entered the 2020 presidential race on Jan. 15. In a segment on “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert,” Gillibrand, 52, stated her support for affordable health care and better public schools.

NEWS

Kuster discusses her political roots

When asked about her campaign’s theme, Rep. Annie McLane Kuster ’78 (D-NH) said, “We care about everybody.” If Kuster looked out the window, she would have seen that a lot of people also care about her.

Media