In Memory of Pete Slavin '63
The Pete Slavin '63 Columnist and Commentary Award has been named in the memory of Pete Slavin, a reporter, editor, and alumni of The Dartmouth who made a significant impact on the newspaper during his time at the College.
The Award will be given out annually during the paper's end of year Banquet, which celebrates the year-long work and accomplishments of The Dartmouth's staff. The Pete Slavin '63 Columnist and Commentary Award will be given annually to a member of The Dartmouth's Editorial Staff as determined by the newspaper's Senior Directorate.
Pete Slavin graduated Dartmouth in 1963 as a Political Science and History major. During his time at college, he was a member of the swimming team, a brother of Alpha Chi Rho, and a reporter, features writer, and Executive Editor for The Dartmouth.
Building off the skills and experiences he garnered during his tenure at The Dartmouth, Pete made a career out of journalism, serving as a reporter, editor, and freelance writer for a variety of publications across the country. He was known for his investigative journalism and ability to expose social and political issues ranging from coal mining practices in Appalachia to crises in the Balkans to mental health problems facing our youth.
For his contribution to the paper and his longstanding dedication to journalism at large, The Dartmouth has named the Annual Columnist and Commentary Award in Pete's honor. Please consider making a tax deductible donation to The Dartmouth in the memory of Pete Slavin to support his award and the continued well-being of the newspaper. Any amount -- large or small -- will help maintain Pete's legacy and cement his place as part of America's Oldest College Newspaper.
Please direct any questions regarding donations or the award to the Publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donations can be made to The Dartmouth by check, Venmo, or PayPal (donations to The Dartmouth are tax deductible).
Please make all checks out to "The Dartmouth, Inc." with the Memo: "Pete Slavin Memorial" and mail them to:
6175 Robinson Hall
Hanover, NH 03755
If you would prefer to make a donation online, you may either:
Donate with Venmo (username: @TheDartmouth)
Instructions for using PayPal:
- Click on the yellow "Donate" button above
- Enter an amount you would like to donate
- You can select "Donate with a Debit or Credit Card", enter your card information and click "Donate Now"
- Alternatively, if you have a PayPal account and remember your login, you may select "Donate with PayPal" and enter your log in information. Once logged in, review your payment method and then click "Donate Now"
Instructions for using Venmo:
- Log in to your Venmo account via the Venmo mobile app
- In the "Search People" box, enter "@thedartmouth" and select "The Dartmouth Business Office" account with the green D logo
- Select "Pay or Request", enter an amount, type in "Pete Slavin Memorial" in the description, and then click "Pay"
Please email email@example.com with any questions or issues regarding payment.