Campus Blotter

By Annette Denekas, The Dartmouth Staff | 10/14/15 10:11am

Oct. 9, 6:27 p.m., South Street: Safety and Security officers and College Troubleshooters responded to seven apartments for a report of multiple local smoke detectors that had been activated by smoke from burned food. The smoke was evacuated from the residence and the detectors were reset. There was no actual fire.
Oct. 9, 9:09 p.m., The Green: During the Homecoming bonfire, the Hanover Police Department arrested a student for “disorderly conduct” after the individual had entered the inner circle and touched the bonfire.

Oct. 9, 9:30 p.m., The Green: A Safety and Security officer caught another student who had touched the fire. The individual had been consuming alcohol.

Oct. 9, 11:01 p.m., Bildner Residence Hall: Safety and Security officers responded to a room party report. Six students were identified as involved. One student was found to be in possession of alcohol, and another had initially misrepresented herself.

Oct. 9, 11:48 p.m., Collis Student Center: Safety and Security officers, Dartmouth Emergency Medical Services and Hanover Fire Department rendered aid to a student who was intoxicated to the point of needing medical attention. The student was transported to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center via ambulance.

Oct. 9, 11:58 p.m., Collis Student Center: A Safety and Security officer provided medical assistance to an intoxicated student. The individual was turned over to a sober student.

Oct. 10, 12:17 a.m., Webster Avenue: Safety and Security officers and Dartmouth EMS provided medical assistance to a student for intoxication. The individual was transported to Dick’s House, where she was admitted the night.

Oct. 10, 12:59 a.m., LALACS House: A Safety and Security officer and Dartmouth EMS provided aid to a student who was intoxicated to the point of needing medical attention. The individual was transported to Dick’s House and admitted for the remainder of the evening.

Oct. 10, 1:01 a.m., Hitchcock Residence Hall: A Safety and Security officer and Dartmouth EMS rendered medical assistance to an intoxicated student after she was observed urinating on the lawn of Hitchcock. The student was transported to Dick’s House and was admitted for the rest of the night due to her level of intoxication.

Oct. 10, 1:23 a.m., Alpha Chi Alpha fraternity: Safety and Security officers and Dartmouth EMS provided medical assistance to an intoxicated student. The individual was evaluated at Dick’s House, where she stayed for the rest of the night.

Oct. 10, 1:23 a.m., Tuck Drive: While on routine patrol, a Safety and Security officer noticed a student who needed help walking. A graduate student asked if she could “Good Sam” the intoxicated student, who then ran away. The intoxicated student was later found at North Park and was turned over to a sober student.

Oct. 10, 1:57 a.m., Chi Gamma Epsilon fraternity: A Safety and Security Officer, Dartmouth EMS and Hanover Fire rendered medical assistance to an alumnus for intoxication. Hanover Fire transported the individual to DHMC for further evaluation and treatment.

Oct. 10, 2:08 a.m., Robinson Hall: Safety and Security officers provided medical assistance to an intoxicated student, who was found sleeping in Robinson Hall. The individual was transported to Dick’s House for further evaluation and was admitted for the rest of the night.

Oct. 10, 4:16 p.m., North Main Street: Safety and Security officers took a report of two homecoming banners being stolen off the light poles on the street.

Oct. 10, 8:20 p.m., Class of 1953 Commons: Safety and Security officers, Dartmouth EMS and Hanover Fire rendered aid to a student who had sustained small lacerations and scrapes to his face, as well as a chipped tooth after falling off from his bicycle. The student was transported to DHMC for further treatment.

Oct. 11, 12:15 a.m., Brown Residence Hall: A Safety and Security officer and Dartmouth EMS provided medical attention to an intoxicated student. After evaluation, the student was turned over to a sober student.

Oct. 11, 12:25 a.m., French Residence Hall: Safety and Security officers, Dartmouth EMS and Hanover Fire rendered medical aid to a student for intoxication and a cut to her head. The student was transported to DHMC and later to Dick’s House.

Oct. 11, 12:56 a.m., Russell Sage Residence Hall: A Safety and Security officer transported a student to DHMC for a right ankle injury sustained while running near Berry Library. The student was subsequently transported back to campus.

Oct. 11, 1:10 a.m., Topliff Residence Hall: Safety and Security officers, Dartmouth EMS and Hanover Fire rendered medical assistance to an alumnus for intoxication. Hanover Police turned the alumnus over to a sober student.

Oct. 11, 1:56 a.m., Ripley Residence Hall: Safety and Security officers spoke with a student for a report of a male and female arguing. After a search of the area, the officers were unable to locate the male and female.

Oct. 11, 5:16 a.m., Massachusetts Row: Safety and Security officers and Hanover Police responded to a report of a verbal argument between two students. Both parties were separated and the students were offered college services but declined.

Oct. 11, 6:38 p.m., Middle Fayerweather Residence Hall: A Safety and Security officer assisted the Hanover Police Department in the search for a non-student. Hanover Police located the individual and arrested him for using a false ID to purchase alcohol from Stinson’s.

Annette Denekas, The Dartmouth Staff