Famous Alumni Yearbook Photos

By Parker Richards, The Dartmouth Staff | 4/9/15 3:52am

Here at Dartbeat, we often wonder what Dartmouth’s more storied alumni looked like back in their college days. Well, your intrepid reporter ventured into the deep, dark vaults of Rauner Special Collections Library to find out so that you didn’t have to. Here, in all their black-and-white glory, are some famous Hanoverians of yesteryear:
Former Vice President Nelson Rockefeller ’30
Rockefeller looks damn fine in his senior pic, and if you want in on that Standard Oil money or maybe just like to head down to his eponymous center, you want this pic staring back at you from the wall because it smolders.

David (Friedman) Benioff ’92
Although lauded for his novels The 25th Hour and City of Thieves, Benioff is best known for his work as writer and show runner for Game of Thrones… and judging by the smirk in his senior picture, some of the raunchier bits might have been based on his exploits right here in the lovely town of Hanover.

Senator Kirsten Gillibrand ’88
Your collective crushes on Gillibrand (née Rutnik) may have just intensified a little bit on seeing this pic of her as a college senior. Gillibrand was an Asian Studies major at Dartmouth, and if graduating magna cum laude doesn’t do it for you, I bet those luscious locks will.

Connie Britton ’89
While the given name of Gillibrand’s friend and roommate Constance Womack may not ring any bells, the name Connie Britton probably does. Britton’s star roles on “Friday Night Lights,” “The West Wing,” and other shows have imbedded her solidly in the American popular conscience, and although her senior picture may not look too familiar to most, next time she stands up at the Emmy’s, you’ll know she lived in some of the same dorms and sat in some of the same classrooms that you do.

Former Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson ’68
The Class of ’68 had a pretty good run with its dual cabinet secretaries, and Paulson sure looks less like an evil tortoise in his senior pic than he did when he was running the Treasury Department.

Aisha Tyler ’92
Probably best known as LANAAAAAAAAAAA in “Archer,” Tyler was a member of The Tabard and founder of the Rockapellas and the Snowboarding Club while at Dartmouth. And she looks fantastic in her senior photo, too, with a luxuriant ‘do.

Former Labor Secretary Robert Riech ’68
It’s rumored that Reich went on a date with Hillary Clinton when he was at Dartmouth. Personally, I’m not sure I see what Hils saw in him, but as they say, it’s the mind that matters.

Shonda Rhimes ’91
Need I say more?

Former Treasury Secretary YA BOY TIM GEITHNER ’83
Look, say what you will about his handling of *insert massive economic meltdown of your choosing here*, but Geithner’s fro was legendary back in the day. Plenty of folks would let him be the Treasury Secretary of their hearts if you know what I mean…

Parker Richards, The Dartmouth Staff