DDS Detective: Going Green
PRIYA KR ISHNA / THE DART MOUTH SE NIOR STAFF
Veg eta bles are like clothes. They go in and out of style. And just as skinny jeans are the new over alls, it looks like kale is the new spinach. I, like many, was a bit dis gusted when I first tried kale. The con sis tency was weird. It tasted like some thing a cow would eat. For tu nately, my friend Han nah in tro duced me to a recipe that makes this nou veau green not just palatable but de li cious as well!
- At Col lis, put some kale in a salad bowl
- Crum ble crou tons into the kale
- Add olive oil and shake to coat
- Add parme san cheese (feta if it is lunchtime)
- Once you are through the reg is ter, squeeze the juice of about four lemon wedges into the salad and shake!