A Change in Attitude: Spring preview

By By Clark Moore & Auriell Towner, The Dartmouth Staff | 4/24/11 8:28pm

Fash­ion­istas flocked out­side this Fri­day, using the long-awaited sun as an ex­cuse to fi­nally crack open their stor­age boxes marked "Save for Spring!" — and giv­ing us a nice sneak peek of this year's spring wardrobes.

We were pleas­antly sur­prised to find that denim is the com­mon theme of spring. Light­weight, acid washed or raw, denim is an ever-ap­pro­pri­ate fab­ric es­pe­cially suited for the per­sis­tence of the New Hamp­shire win­ter into late April.

For the ladies: Take a note from these girls. Flo­rals are great fun and a sta­ple dur­ing spring, but this year is all about al­ter­na­tive spring pat­terns.

Au­riell Towner / The Dart­mouth Staff

Caitlin Keenan '12 (above) re­minded us of the sim­ple beauty in pair­ing a clas­sic denim but­ton-down with a fun pat­terned skirt belted at the waist. She also sported high win­ter boots so as to be al­ways pre­pared — you never know when the next freak bliz­zard will strike!

Au­riell Towner / The Dart­mouth Staff

Brenna Lipo­nis '14 (above right) wore a pais­ley sun­dress tak­ing a page out of Harper's, which is show­ing pais­ley as one of the top pat­terns for spring.

Au­riell Towner / The Dart­mouth Staff

For the men: We spot­ted Max Moran '12 wear­ing an out­fit that stresses the time­less ap­peal of the clas­sic, crisp but­ton-down ox­ford. Worn un­tucked under a com­fort­able Hara­juku Lovers hoodie, Max had a more ca­sual ox­ford ex­pe­ri­ence. He is also shown wear­ing faded denim care­fully cuffed just above his num­ber one spoil from this year's Bar­ney's Ware­house Sale.

We are es­pe­cially pleased this week — even spring snow­storms can't phase Dart­mouth's most fash­ion­able

Au­riell Towner / The Dart­mouth Staff

Han­nah Gior­gis '13

By Clark Moore & Auriell Towner, The Dartmouth Staff