Daily Debriefing

Republican presidential candidate frontrunner and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney will visit the Radisson Hotel in Manchester on Tuesday in an event titled "A Better America Begins Tonight," according to the Exeter Patch. The event will mark Romney's first return to the state since winning the primary in January. Meanwhile, the campaign to re-elect U.S. President Barack Obama is also hosting events in the state, including a speech by U.S. Vice President Joe Biden in Exeter, N.H. earlier this month. The latest poll conducted by the College's Rockefeller Center indicates that Romney has a slight lead over Obama in New Hampshire, with 43.9 percent in favor of Romney and 42.4 percent in favor of Obama.

Yale University freshman Zachary Brunt died while working in a physics lab on Wednesday in what autopsy results suggest was a suicide, the Yale Daily News reported. The autopsy listed "asphyxia due to exclusion of oxygen" as the official cause of death, according to the Daily News. Friends of Brunt said that he had grown increasingly anxious during the past several weeks as he devoted time to projects associated with the Yale Drop Team, which was scheduled to travel to NASA's headquarters in Houston for a zero-gravity experiment the following day, the Daily News reported. On Thursday, high school classmates from Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology in Alexandria, Va. gathered around a flagpole dressed in neon clothing as an homage to Brunt, who frequently dressed in bright colors, according to the Daily News. Brunt's father issued a plea to a gathering of Yale students at a candlelight vigil on Thursday, imploring them not to "let this happen again," the Daily News reported.

Rev. Bradley Schaeffer resigned as a trustee of Boston College on Thursday following criticism regarding his inaction while he supervised Chicago-based Jesuit priest Donald McGuire, who allegedly molested a number of children over a 40-year period, The Boston Globe reported. Several complaints were filed against McGuire during Schaeffer's time as a regional leader of the Jesuit Church in the 1990s, but McGuire persisted with his work in the Jesuit community. Many at Boston College had asked for Schaeffer's removal via articles in the college's newspaper and formal appeals made to the college's president, according to The Globe. In a statement announcing his resignation before his tenure was slated to end in June, Schaeffer said he did not want to "harm" the institution or pose a "distraction," The Globe reported.