Extended Mirror Mixtape

Like many labels out there, "dance music" is a highly ambiguous term. There's the genre of dance music which subsumes several other genres as it is and there's also everyone's personal idea of what dancing and the best music for it is. At a club, dancing may mean shaking your hips, while at a rock concert it means running around in circles and pushing people. Whatever it may mean to you, here's an extended playlist to hopefully get your feet moving.

"Telephone" Lady Gaga ft. BeyoncI'm sure this song needs no explanation because everyone has already heard it by now. It has received constant airplay on radio stations, and the highly anticipated premier of the nine and a half minute long music video a few weeks ago was regarded as the second coming of Christ. Who knew the sound of phones ringing and busy signals could be so damn catchy? Only Lady Gaga.

"W.F.Y." Electrik RedOff of Electrik Red's debut album "How to Be a Lady: Volume 1," the track "W.F.Y." (which, unabbreviated, is "We Fuck You") delivers not only a great pulsing beat more than suitable for dancing, but also an empowering feminist message you know, in a trashy sort of way. If you're looking for a new Friday night anthem, be sure to also check out "Drink in My Cup."

"Atlantis to Interzone" Klaxons London's Klaxons combine electronic dance, punk and indie rock to create a frenetic, rhythmically diverse song that elicits rave dancing one moment and moshing the next. From siren-sounding electronics that will have you moving your body like there's no tomorrow to a guitar riff that will immediately convert you to the gospel of punk rock, there is not a moment during this track that allows you to stand still. My only wish is to see the chaos that would ensue from a room full of people dancing to this song.

"Discotech" Young LoveIf you're not sweaty and out of breath after dancing to this lighthearted, energy-fueled track, you are doing something wrong or I just need to hit the gym more often. Adding to the musical experience is the mind-blowing notion that this is a song about dancing at a discothque, that you would hear while dancing at a discothque way meta.

"Womanizer" Britney SpearsThe battle for the title of "Queen of Pop" has been a fierce one over the years, involving major players in the pop world like Madonna, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears and, more recently, Lady Gaga. Brit reasserts her right to the throne in "Womanizer," the first single off of 2008's "Circus." The song was nominated for a Grammy for best dance recording, reached the No. 1 spot in charts for 10 different countries and made it into the top 10 of charts for several other countries. In layman's terms, the song was an international hit.

"Crank It Up" Hadouken!A prime pump-up song, "Crank It Up" features electronica, rock, rap and a number of other elements that help the song fully embody the spirit of its title. Any song that proclaims "We're gonna take control, so bring your dicks and alcohol" clearly knows what kind of tone to set for a dance party.

"Blame It on the Boogie" Jackson 5Long before Jamie Foxx pointed the blame at alcohol, the Jackson 5 were blaming it on the boogie. Although it's highly unlikely you'll hear "Blame It on the Boogie" ring out at clubs or any venue in the real world that happens to be aware of the current year, this song unfailingly gets Dartmouth students to perform a synchronized dance routine, thus securing its place as the ultimate Dartmouth dance hit.

"Feel It" Three 6 Mafia ft. Tisto, Sean Kingston, Flo Rida"Feel It" is the collaborative work of an internationally known Dutch DJ and three powerhouse rappers, who clearly had the nightclub scene in mind when producing this song. The track further confirms what we all already knew in our hearts that big pimpin' is the way to be.

"Where's Your Head At" Basement Jaxx I know this song is more than a few years old, but it's priceless. The collection of ominous-sounding electronics and samples and the repetition of the line "Where's your head at?" make you start to question your own sanity before eventually coming to the realization that sanity only ever got in your way.

"Bounce" MSTRKRFT ft. N.O.R.E. At least one good thing came out of the untimely end of Death From Above 1979: Former bassist Jesse F. Keeler went on to become half of the duo MSTRKRFT, with Al-P making up the other half. Here, MSTRKRFT and rapper N.O.R.E. come together to brag about their party-filled lives in a track that features an addictive beat and old school Nintendo-esque electronics.

"This is My Life" LMFAO ft. Hyper Crush Bringing in '80s-flavored synths and some '90s-style dance directions and clapping, "This is My Life" mixes the old and new for a sound that is still fresh, but vaguely reminiscent of bygone days. The song may shamelessly celebrate irresponsible and promiscuous behavior, but it's not like you'll be listening for life lessons right?

"Get U Home" ShwayzeShwayze, perhaps better known for its single "Corona and Lime," conveys the full force of its charming nature through "Get U Home." With amusing, clever lyrics and a pop sensibility, this song just breathes fun.

"Little Bit (AutoErotique Bootleg Remix)" Lykke Li"Little Bit" is the soft, sincere, instrumentally minimal first single from Swedish singer Lykke Li that had indie adorers falling over themselves to listen to it. Canadian duo AutoErotique's remix enhances the song with the addition of beats and a few other effects that seamlessly blend with the original and immediately incite movement. It's not a bump 'n grind track or a high-intensity new rave hit, but a gem of a dance song nonetheless.