Police Blotter

April 30, 1:17 a.m.

South Main Street

A Hanover Police officer on patrol observed a female wrapped in toilet paper and balloons walking near the Hanover Inn. When approached by the officer, the female explained that she was on campus to surprise a friend for her birthday and the costume was supposed to represent a sheep. After briefly questioning the female, who was not a Dartmouth student, the officer allowed her to go.

April 30, 10:30 p.m.

North Park Street

A Hanover Police officer on patrol stopped a 20-year-old Dartmouth student driving a vehicle that had a defective headlight. The officer discovered that the student's license had previously been suspended in New Hampshire for a DUI. The student has a court date of June 8.

April 30, 10:39 p.m.

Rope Ferry Road

Hanover Police received a call from Safety and Security regarding information they received from one of the College's night watchmen. The watchman had previously observed what appeared to be an intoxicated female trying to enter a private residence. Safety and Security went to the scene and spotted the girl running through the trees nearby. Hanover Police investigated the situation, but did not find the suspect.

May 1, 8:38 p.m.

Rope Ferry Road

Safety and Security called Hanover Police to inform them of an intoxicated 21-year-old male Dartmouth student whose condition required medical attention. Because the student was passing in and out of consciousness, an ambulance was called to transport him to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. Before boarding the ambulance, the student regained consciousness and struck the fire captain attending to him in the chest. The student was charged with assault and will testify in court on June 1.

May 1, 11:34 p.m.

Rope Ferry Road

Hanover Police was informed that a 20-year-old female Dartmouth student had threatened her ex-boyfriend, a 22-year-old Dartmouth student, with a knife in an off-campus apartment. The female was charged with simple assault and criminal threatening, and will appear in court on June 1.

May 4, 11:38 p.m.

School Street

A male Hanover resident complained to Hanover Police that he had just witnessed an individual light a Styrofoam cup on fire. The witness further alleged that he chased the perpetrator down School Street and found him hiding in the backyard of a house. As the chase continued, the alleged perpetrator threw an unknown object at the witness. Hanover Police investigated the complaint, but did not find the suspect.

May 4, 11:46 p.m.

Lebanon Street

Hanover Police received a report from a female that a male individual who was urinating in the alley near Ben & Jerry's as she walked by had asked her if she wanted to touch his genitals. Hanover Police responded to the call but did not find the suspect.