Women's basketball secures bid to NCAA tournament

Silly-string-covered head coach Chris Wielgus presents Koren Schram '09 with the net during the postgame celebration after the women's basketball team won its 17th Ivy League championship.

Koren Schram '09 scored her 1,000th career point on the way to 18 points on the night. Brittney Smith '11 led the team in scoring with 19 points, and Darcy Rose '09 posted a double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds.

"An Ivy League championship is an Ivy League championship, but not having to share it is huge," Schram said after the game.

The win was also head coach Chris Wielgus' 400th career victory, and her 363rd at Dartmouth.

The Big Green (18-10, 13-1 Ivy) pulled down 51 rebounds, including 20 offensive boards.

"They pride themselves on their rebounding, so when we're getting the offensive rebounds and put-backs that's always a little demoralizing," Rose said.

Freshman Brogan Berry led the Crimson (19-9, 11-3 Ivy) with 12 points. The Dartmouth defense held senior Emily Tay to just seven in the first game since her 34-point performance against Yale on Saturday.

Dartmouth's seed and opponent in the NCAA tournament will be announced by the tournament selection committee this Monday, when the committee releases the bracket.