Toe to Toe: Hodes versus Schmidley (Schmidley)

Best Available Player: Darren McFadden, RB Arkansas. It's been an eventful and highly public off-season for the former Hog superstar, who has been labeled everything from a "can't miss prospect" to a "shaky character guy" to a "pure burner" with a number of other redeeming qualities for NFL play. I'll be the first to admit the primary concern surrounding "DMac" -- an uncharacteristically spindly lower body -- is a valid one, especially considering his propensity for getting downhill and seeking contact. My argument for McFadden is the following. First and foremost, he's an elite athlete, easily the best in this year's draft, and once he enters the league he'll be one of its best, too. Second, that rare breed of athleticism he has translates exceptionally well onto the football field. One look at his diverse collegiate highlight reel is all the proof one needs of this. Third, he brings a unique style of running to the NFL. Adrian Peterson brought his own unique style to the league a year ago -- a terrifying blend of vision, power and acceleration for defenses to be subjected to. McFadden brings a perhaps equally intimidating blend of quick footedness, top-end speed, versatility, and raw athletic ability that should have defenses on their heels once again next fall.

Sleeper: Malcom Kelly, WR, Oklahoma. As far as much of the scouting community is concerned, no player has had a worse offseason thus far than Malcom Kelly. The 6'4, 227 lb. Oklahoma product has had his draft status battered by a medley of recently unearthed concerns, the foremost of which being a bad medical history and a pedestrian forty yard dash time. At first glance, both are legitimate red flags, but Kelly plays faster than his workout sprints would indicate, and, in my opinion, despite the poor medical record, between his superb hands, strong frame, and effortless athletic glide, there's more than enough upside to justify taking Kelly with a high pick.

Most Overrated: Ray Rice, RB Rutgers. Rice has seen his draft prospects rise considerably since the beginning of workout season. At the combine, Rice surprised with a 40-yard dash time in the 4.4s, and had an impressive Pro Day a few weeks later. I won't deny that Rice is a gritty football player, but I think his size limitations -- particularly given the physical, bruising back he strives to be -- will restrict his effectiveness at the next level. He's a quick, fluid back, but one that lacks the ability to bounce it outside or take it the distance at the next level. Many pundits are labeling Rice a 'steal' in the second round in the wake of his impressive workouts, but I still don't see anything more than dependable filler back on an NFL roster.

Team to Watch: Atlanta Falcons. Talk about an organization that has been through the wringer of late. Between Bobby Petrino's abrupt departure and the Vick dog-fighting debacle, Arthur Blank's franchise has endured more than its fair share of distress over the past year. Lucky for Blank and Co., Atlanta owns seven of the first 103 picks in the upcoming draft. The team is heavily rumored to be a lock to select LSU's Glenn Dorsey if he's available, with BC's Matt Ryan as the consolation prize if Dorsey is snapped up in the top two. The franchise's recent signing of Michael Turner allows the team the much needed luxury to address glaring needs on defense throughout the draft.

Biggest Storyline: Hodes and I are in a rare instance of agreement on this one. Though it hasn't gotten much attention in the media since the beginning of draft season, it can't be forgotten that this is the first time in NFL history that a team has had to forfeit their first round selection. Perhaps the Pats can take away the lesson that they are not an infallible organization and that they are subject to the rules. They are still a premier NFL organization -- one that, luckily enough, has the seventh pick. However they've got some image-maintenance to do, and it starts with how well they tend to their resume in the wake of being embarrassed and subsequently punished.