Mirror Picks

Book:

"The Bedroom Secrets of the Master Chefs" by Irvine Welsh

As the newest book from the guy who penned "Trainspotting," I don't really know what to expect, but "Bedroom Secrets" promises to be a fun, can't-put-it-down type of book. The author's a bit older and wiser now and his subject matter is no longer heroin addicts but rather family drama. But don't worry, the story is still set in Scotland (heh!). - Meredith Fraser

Music:

"Coffee and TV" by Blur

'06X is starting to feel like real school and there's no comfort food like substance abuse and the idiot box. If you didn't even know you had a midterm in ENGS 3, give this one a listen and turn your brain off for a bit. - John Beardsley

YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB84A3zcmVo

When Britney Spears gets high, she gets really pensive. It's not the "I haven't done anything with my life" kind of pensive. It's not the "God is in this eraser" kind of pensive. It's more the "I really wish I'd seen that movie 'Spawn'" kind of pensive. - Dan Duray

Movie:

Miami Vice (2006)

Michael Mann reinvents the classic cop drama as a slow-burning and smooth ride through Miami. Jamie Foxx delivers another great performance, and Colin Farrell is as cool as ever. If you see one movie this summer, make it this one. - Mike Epstein

Web:

artchive.com

Scroll down the side bar, and enjoy the masterworks of hundreds of famous artists. The pictures are very large and high quality, so they look way more impressive as computer desktops than that picture of you and your friends drinking the alcohol. I recommend checking out the "Group of Seven."