Police Blotter

April 5, South Main Street, 5:30 p.m.

Safety and Security officers alerted Hanover Police that they had observed a white male wearing a green fatigue jacket and green pants kick over a post office sign on South Main Street. Police officers attempted to investigate the damaged property, but failed to find anyone of a similar description in the vicinity.

April 8, Mass Row, 12:07 a.m.

Officers observed a 21-year-old Dartmouth student trying to ride a bicycle down Mass Row. After watching the '06 male fall off, sending the bike "flying," officers approached him to make sure he was alright. In response, the student attempted to run away, but lacked balance. The officers soon caught up to the student, established that he was intoxicated, placed him in protective custody and turned him over to Safety and Security.

April 8, East Wheelock Street, 02:45 a.m.

A 22-year-old Dartmouth student was spotted by Hanover Police officers walking down the road carrying a traffic cone. The cone's reflective tape caught the officers' attention. It was established that the student was intoxicated, and he was placed in protective custody, then turned over to Safety and Security.

April 8, East Wheelock Street, 3:40 a.m.

Police observed a 23-year-old Dartmouth student climbing out the back window of Chi Heorot fraternity with a broken hockey stick. The student did not explain why he was carrying the broken hockey stick. After police established that he was intoxicated, he was placed in protective custody and turned over to Safety and Security.

April 9, College Street, 3:24 a.m.

Officers observed a vehicle parked in the middle of the intersection of College Street and East Wheelock Street. When police approached the car to inquire why it was parked at the intersection, it was noted that two passengers, both Dartmouth '07s, were intoxicated, though the car's driver and other passenger were not. The two students were arrested for unlawful possession by intoxication.

April 10, North Park Street, 4:39 p.m.

At 4 p.m. police pulled over a 65-year-old woman for driving 51 miles per hour in an area with a 35 mile per hour speed limit. Upon closer inspection, police saw that the woman was intoxicated, and she was arrested for driving while intoxicated.

April 11, Lot 1, Downtown Hanover, 3:49 p.m.

A plain-clothes officer approached the vehicle of a 55-year-old resident of Claremont, N.H. to enquire why the able-bodied man was parked in a handicapped spot. The man reacted violently to being questioned and, with the car's engine still running, angrily pushed the car door into the officer. He was then arrested for simple assault.

April 11, Rope Ferry Road, 11:52 p.m.

A woman who lives on Rope Ferry Road called the police reporting having heard what she believed to be five successive rounds of gunshots. Upon inspection, police were unable to find any evidence of gunfire.