Police Blotter

Nov. 9, Mass Row, 11:48 p.m.

Safety and Security spotted a group of juveniles walking through the cemetery carrying a lit flare. After losing sight of the group, Safety and Security asked the Hanover Police for assistance. Police officers arrived on the scene and failed to locate the kids.

Nov. 11, South Main Street, 5:52 p.m.

An officer on patrol observed two individuals, a male and a female, making out in a car parked by the power station. The policeman knocked on the door and asked them to move along.

Nov. 12, Rope Ferry Road, 8:52 a.m.

Lebanon Police turned over to Safety and Security a 20-year-old male whom they had arrested earlier for an unidentified offense. Safety and Security then brought the intoxicated male, a student at Tulane University studying at Dartmouth this term, to Dick's House where the subject was uncooperative with personnel. He told the authorities at Dick's House that he wanted to leave and catch a bus to New York City. The Dick's House personnel thought the individual was too drunk to make that decision on his own, so they called the Hanover Police. Officers arrived and informed the student that, if he cooperated with Dick's House employees, he could stay there, but if he did not, the officers would take him to the county jail. The 20 year old opted for the county jail.

Nov. 14, Morgan Road, 7:44 p.m.

A Hanover resident reported to police that someone had parked a car in the resident's backyard. Police arrived to find a male and a female, both Russian, sitting in the car. The officer ran the names of the individuals through his computer and learned that both had overstayed their visas in America. The officer detained the woman for her illegal stay in the country but not the man because he had already been arrested and had received an April 2006 date in federal court for the offense. It remains unclear why they were sitting in a rental car, which they had parked in someone else's backyard.