Police Blotter

Oct. 25, South Park Street, 2:38 p.m.

An employee of the Hanover Food Co-op observed a 16-year-old boy drink a can of Arizona iced tea in the store and then hide the empty can on a shelf within the store without paying for it. The employee called the police and asked the boy to return and pay for the beverage. Hanover Police arrived and arrested the juvenile for shoplifting.

Oct. 26, Lebanon Street, 9:38 p.m.

Hanover Police received a complaint lodged by an employee of the Go-Go Mart that a man had entered the store wearing a blanket instead of a shirt. Upon further inquiry, police discovered that the man had left Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center against medical advice. Security arrived at the site and brought the subject back to the hospital.

Oct. 26, Ivy Lane, 11:58 p.m.

Safety and Security called Hanover Police for assistance with an intoxicated 19-year-old female in Andres Hall. When police arrived, the Dartmouth sophomore was barely conscious and had already vomited. An ambulance brought the sophomore to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. Police plan to arrest her for unlawful possession by consumption.

Oct. 27, Appalachian Trail, 4:39 p.m.

The United States Department of Agriculture, which supervises the Appalachian Trail, informed Hanover Police that they would be removing a tent that had been abandoned on the trail. Police believe the tent might belong to a man who had been a problem around Hanover all summer because of his mental instability. The disheveled, full-bearded man had consistently engaged townspeople in bizarre, nearly inappropriate conversations, and had bordered on disorderly at times. Police believe the man, who has been to this area on and off since 2001, moved on because of the cold weather.

Oct. 30, North Main Street, 1:57 a.m.

Hanover Police observed a college-aged male riding a female's child-sized purple mountain bike down the sidewalk. Officers asked the 21 year old whose bike he was riding and the subject claimed that it was his. Upon inspection of the bike, the officers did not find a serial number or any stickers on the bike and determined that they could not dispute the rider's claim that he was the rightful owner.

Oct. 30, Lebanon Street, 3:48 a.m.

Lebanon Police notice a male subject walking down Route 120 in Lebanon before dawn. When officers pulled up and conversed with the man, they found out that he was a 21-year-old Dartmouth student and had been drinking. The senior told police that he had been driving back from Boston when his car ran out of gas near exit 12 on Route 89. The senior then hitchhiked from that point to exit 18, the Hanover exit, where he got out and started walking, he told police. According to Lebanon Police reports, the subject's story did not explain four hours of unaccounted time, and the officers on scene were skeptical of the subject's frankness. Nonetheless, officers picked the subject up for alcohol consumption and handed him in to the protective custody of Hanover Police. New Hampshire State Police later found the senior's car right off the highway where he said it would be.