Police Blotter

Oct. 21, East Wheelock Street, 8:51 p.m.

A Hanover Police officer spotted a Dartmouth freshman running around the bonfire in the opposite direction as the crowd and colliding into people. After pulling the 18-year-old male out of the crowd, the officer determined that he was intoxicated and arrested him for unlawful possession of alcohol by consumption and intoxication.

Oct. 21, East Wheelock Street, 9:04 p.m.

Police approached a Dartmouth sophomore after observing that he was trying to hide some sort of bottle in his pocket. The officer detected a strong odor of alcohol on the subject's breath and then found that the sports drink bottle contained some sort of alcoholic beverage. The 19 year old was arrested for unlawful possession of alcohol.

Oct. 21, East Wheelock Street, 9:09 p.m.

An officer observed a 20-year-old male pushing against people who were running around the bonfire. The officer pulled the Dartmouth junior aside and determined that he was under the influence of alcohol. The junior was arrested for unlawful possession of alcohol by consumption.

Oct. 21, East Wheelock Street, 9:17 p.m.

Police observed a Dartmouth freshman in the crowd around the bonfire standing with the assistance of two other people. Police arrested him for unlawful possession of alcohol and for possession of false identification after they found a fake identification card while booking him.

Oct. 21, East Wheelock Street, 9:29 p.m.

Officers noticed another Dartmouth freshman in the crowd around the bonfire being supported by two other people. Police arrested him for unlawful possession of alcohol and, while booking the 18 year old, officers found a fake identification card and arrested him for possession of false identification.

Oct, 21, East Wheelock Street, 9:34 p.m.

A Dartmouth junior, standing in a group of three males around the bonfire and holding a Sprite bottle, made eye contact with an officer and immediately tried to hide the bottle in his coat. The officer approached the junior to find that his breath smelled of alcohol and the Sprite bottle contained an alcoholic beverage. The 20 year old was arrested for unlawful possession of alcohol.

Oct. 21, East Wheelock Street, 9:42 p.m.

An officer observed one male push another in the crowd around the bonfire in what appeared to be an unfriendly manner. The officer approached the Dartmouth freshmen, who displayed signs of intoxication. The 18 year old was arrested for unlawful possession of alcohol by consumption and intoxication.

Oct. 21, East Wheelock Street, 9:51 p.m.

A male complained to police officers that an individual wearing a Dartmouth hooded sweatshirt with the hood up was running around the bonfire and, whenever he would pass by the complaining male and his group of friends, he would punch at them. After the subject was pointed out to police, officers detained him and determined that he was under the influence of alcohol. The 18-year-old freshman was arrested for unlawful possession of alcohol by consumption.

Oct. 22, Crosby Street, 1:54 p.m.

A handful of Dartmouth freshmen rushed the field during halftime of the football game. Two were arrested on the field, one by Police Chief Nicholas Giaccone himself. Another was arrested after he had returned to the stands, and the rest got away for the time being. Police plan to arrest one other soon whose face they captured on videotape, but who ran into Woodward Hall before officers could catch him.

Oct. 23, Old Tuck Drive, 1:24 a.m.

Safety and Security reported to Hanover Police that a group of possibly intoxicated males were attempting to operate a vehicle. Police arrived to find three intoxicated males but arrested only the underage one. The 18 year old arrested for unlawful possession of alcohol was in the area attending a two-week intensive guitar school in Vermont.