Police Blotter

Sept. 21, Lebanon Street, 11:35 a.m.

A bystander lodged a complaint with Hanover Police that two people were making a disturbance, arguing over a parking space outside a home for the elderly. Officers arrived and determined the complaint unfounded.

Sept. 24, Rope Ferry Road, 1:28 a.m.

Safety and Security found a 17-year-old male passed out on the floor in the common area of Russell Sage Hall and took him to Dick's House. When they learned that the boy was not a student at the College, they called Hanover Police. Officers arrived and arrested the New York City resident, who had been visiting his girlfriend at Dartmouth, for unlawful possession of alcohol by consumption.

Sept. 24, East Wheelock Street, 1:56 a.m.

A 28-year-old man backed his Chevrolet Sunseeke Recreational Vehicle into a lamppost, smashing his right rear bumper. Police arrived on the scene and began to suspect that the driver had been drinking. A field sobriety test confirmed their suspicions and the officers arrested Watertown, Mass., resident David Costello for driving under the influence of alcohol.

Sept. 24, East Wheelock Street, 3:49 a.m.

Police observed a 20-year-old man staggering on the sidewalk near the tennis courts. When asked where he was going, the Dartmouth sophomore told officers that he was walking back to his room over Murphy's on the Green, although he had been walking in the wrong direction. Hanover Police arrested him for unlawful possession of alcohol by consumption.

Sept. 24, Crosby Street, 5:41 p.m.

Safety and Security informed Hanover Police that two males were sleeping in a 1996 red Pontiac Sunfire. Officers arrived at the scene and discovered that the men had been drinking, but they were all of age. Police turned the two over to a member of Chi Heorot fraternity, although neither of the men sleeping in the car were members of the fraternity.

Sept. 25, Summer Street, 12:12 p.m.

Hanover Police received a report from Safety and Security that three males were firing paint balls at Hanover High School. Officers arrived at the scene to find the front side of the school littered with paint balls and three 15-year-old Lebanon residents with two paint-ball guns. All three were arrested for criminal mischief.

Sept. 25, North Park Street, 1:45 a.m.

Safety and Security requested assistance from Hanover Police with an intoxicated 22-year-old male. The Dartmouth alumnus who now is a College employee had refused a ride home from Safety and Security and was shouting profanities at them. When police arrived, the man continued to scream about "how ridiculous the whole incident was." Officers took him into protective custody for intoxication.