Best of Police Blotter

Sept. 22, South Main Street, 10:30 p.m.

Hanover Police was called to mediate a dispute between two women outside the Dunkin Donuts adjoined to Foodstop. A woman was leaving Dunkin Donuts after work when she heard people yelling from a van calling her "fat." The angered woman made a comment to one of the van's passengers, prompting one of them to get out of the van to confront her. At this point, the Dunkin Donuts employee removed the lid of her coffee, preparing to throw the coffee in case the other woman assaulted her. Instead, the woman kicked the front of the car of the Dunkin Donuts employee, breaking off a piece of plastic on the license plate. Once Hanover Police arrived, the two women decided they did not want to bring criminal charges against each other.

Sept. 26, East South Street, 9:49 p.m.

An arrest warrant was filed for a 19-year-old Dartmouth junior who had jumped out of the second floor of Dick's House last year. In an apparent escape attempt, the intoxicated male had landed face down with his head against the wall of the building, still clutching the curtains he had grabbed while jumping. Following the botched jump, the male was taken to the hospital. His case is currently being processed.

Oct. 3, Lyme Road, 3:31 p.m.

Four males, ranging in ages 11 to 13, were taken into custody after they were caught shooting golfers on the practice green with a BB gun. One golfer was allegedly shot twice in the right leg.

Oct. 4, Occom Ridge Road, 8:11 p.m.

Local residents called Hanover Police to investigate some suspicious people wearing suits and standing in the middle of the road for no apparent reason. The officer discovered that the suspicious people were merely students waiting for a ride to a fraternity social function.

Oct. 19, 11:28 p.m., South Main Street

A 29-year-old male was taken into protective custody after creating a disturbance in the Hanover Inn lobby by yelling "What a [expletive] lovely pumpkin display!" The intoxicated male, who had previously trespassed in the Hanover Inn, was later released from the police station.

Oct. 26, Lebanon Street, 2:44 p.m.

The Howe Library reported to the Hanover Police that a man had not returned $375 worth of library materials. The 30-year-old, who has since left the area, checked out six books, four CDs and one DVD: "Hedwig and the Angry Inch."