News brief: Top docs, eco-friendliness mark DHMC

DHMC Physicians Named Top Docs in State

Nineteen doctors from the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center were named the best in their fields in New Hampshire Magazine's annual "Top Doctors" issue this month. The top physicians were selected based on responses to a survey of state doctors who were asked whom they would select to care for their loved ones.

DHMC Wins Environmental Leadership Award

Hospitals for a Healthy Environment named DHMC the most environmentally responsible in the healthcare industry for the second consecutive year. The award is given to the facility that has the most comprehensive environmental programs to reduce hospital waste, eliminate mercury and minimize the use of toxic products and practices. The organization is a joint venture between the American Hospital Association and the Environmental Protection Agency.

Business School Builds Bridges to China

Dartmouth's Amos Tuck School of Business Administration has formed two partnerships with the Beijing International MBA Program at Peking University. The Joint Research Initiative on China will bring faculty from both schools together to work on research and produce a series of case studies about Japanese and other Asian companies in China. Teams of the Tuck school and BiMBA students will work on consulting projects for Chinese and foreign businesses in China through the Tuck-BiMBA China Consulting Studies Initiative. Each program is the first collaboration of its kind between a top U.S. business program and a Chinese counterpart.

Tuck alum to Lead BU Board of Trustees

Boston University's Board of Trustees elected Alan Leventhal Tu '76 as its new chair at their annual spring meeting. The Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Beacon Capital Partners, Leventhal also serves on the Tuck School's Board of Overseers and the Dartmouth Real Estate Advisory Committee. Leventhal is a co-chair of the host committee for the 2004 Democratic National Convention in Boston.