'06 Freshman Issue

While collaborating on this issue, one aspect of Dartmouth in particular was reinforced to us over and over again: Variety. It is astounding how many opportunities Dartmouth College has to offer.

In the arts, whether you're performing in a Shakespearean drama, hosting a radio show or writing for The Dartmouth, the College has much to offer.

And in the world of sports, whether you're participating on a Varsity team, scaling the climbing wall below the River Apartments or taking snowboarding for P.E.

Then there are the social options. Whether ordering EBAs at two in the morning with a bunch of hallmates or running around a giant bonfire with over a thousand fellow freshmen, the opportunities are endless.

Finally, there are the courses, where subject matter ranges from natural disasters to vampires to the history of baseball.

As our Dartmouth career reaches its halfway point, we are envious that you have the opportunity to spend the next four years taking advantage of all that Dartmouth has to offer.

For those of you embarking on Freshman Trips, the notion of breaking out beyond the "comfort zone" and becoming acquainted with new experiences will be an idea that is emphasized. Though this may sound trite, it provides the basis for making the most of your Dartmouth experience.

We hope that this issue will serve as a guide to ease the transition into College and help you get better acquainted with Dartmouth and all the opportunities that are now available to you both on and off campus.