Tulloch considered book deal

A month after the conclusion of the criminal cases against James Parker and Robert Tulloch, the New Hampshire attorney general's office released some 6,500 pages of investigative documents -- including letters and school essays written by Tulloch in the months preceding the slayings of Dartmouth professors Half and Susanne Zantop.

One of the letters, made public by the state on Friday, recalls the fears of Tulloch's potential to profit from the highly-publicized crimes that led to the May's plea agreement preventing Tulloch from making money through film or publishing deals.

"Chief and I," Tulloch wrote while in jail of an unidentified fellow inmate, "were going to write a book, and make millions since two Dartmouth professors died."

Tulloch's plea agreement stipulates that the Zantop family will now acquire earnings from any such book; in exchange Tulloch will not face a restitution hearing.

Essays written during Tulloch's stint at Chelsea Public School in Chelsea, Vermont display sharp cynicism over such subjects as school, teachers, and U.S. foreign policy during World War II.

"The Japanese? Well, we had to kill or be killed, right? And the Jews? Well, heck they're all the way across the ocean, what do we owe them. And so, since it is a known fact that American lives are worth more than any other, we stayed out of the war. We bombed Japan, ruined countless future generations and still didn't give a damn," Tulloch wrote in an essay submitted during his junior year in high school.

Tulloch is currently serving two life terms for convictions on two counts of first degree murder and 15 to 30 years for murder conspiracy at the state medium security prison in Berlin, N.H.

Parker is being held at a separate facility in Concord, N.H.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.