Masked man frightens females

College investigators still have no leads after two female students and a guest were menaced late on March 13 by two unidentified men wearing masks on Tuck Mall near the Thayer School of Engineering.

"I spoke with the investigator and there are no updates," Rebel Roberts of Safety and Security said. She would not speculate on links to other incidents.

Hanover Police Chief Nick Giaccone said the incident was not reported to his department.

During the incident --which occurred the night after the campus closed for spring break--the two assailants "made guttural noises and gestures, which the complainants considered threatening," a crime alert issued by Safety and Security said.

The department's incident log also said that the two men did not speak to the students, and only "made grunting and growling noises."

No physical contact was reported, though the victims considered the actions threatening. The two men were observed approaching a fourth person once the incident ended, and left before Safety and Security officers arrived, according to the incident log.

One of the men wore what a victim described to Safety and Security officers as "a white mask ... full faced with little horns" and a dark blue sweater. The other male, described as white, wore a masquerade-style mask and blue jeans.