Over the Weekend

Equestrian: The University of Vermont won highest honors at the Dartmouth Show this weekend. For the Big Green, several riders placed. Fuyuki Hirashima '00 was first in Novice Flat and second in Novice Fences. Annette Gaynes '99 placed first in Advanced Walk-Trot-Canter. Mitzi Zarfoss''00 finished second in Novice Fences. Peggy Stolt '99 was second in Novice Fences, while Meg Donohue '00 and Katherine Keltner '97 were both second in Advanced Walk-Trot-Canter. Key Fields '99 placed second in Walk-Trot, and Suzanne Lang '99 was also second in Walk-Trot.

Cross Country: The Big Green women placed an impressive second out of 33 teams at the New England Championships Friday afternoon. Dartmouth finished just eight points behind number one ranked and defending national champion Providence. Dartmouth's Jenna Rogers '97 led the Big Green, placing second in 17:04. Teammates Maribel Sanchez '96 and Kristin Manwaring '96 were right on her heels, placing third and fourth in times of 17:12 and 17:13, respectively. The Dartmouth men placed fourth in the Championships Don Conrad '99 led the Big Green placing fourth in a time of 24:12. Aaron Schumacher '98 followed in 16th with 24:36.

Men's Rugby: The Dartmouth men's rugby club beat Brown 64-17 Saturday to finish undefeated in the New England Premier League for its third straight year. Co-captain Pete Martin '97 scored 24 points on two tries and seven conversions to lead the scoring. Captain Torbjorn Dimblad '97 and scrumhalf Doug Burnaford '98 had two tries, while inside center Craig Smith '97, winger Scott Whiting '99, prop Dan Thiebault '97 and lock Pete Sisitsky '97 each contributed one try apiece.

Men's Soccer: The Big Green pounded Yale 5-1 Sunday afternoon during a down pour of rain. Dartmouth now remains the only unbeaten team in the Ivy League with a 5-4-1 overall record (2-0-1 Ivy). At the half, Dartmouth led 2-0 from goals by Bobby Meyer '99 and Methembe Ndlovu '97. In the second half, Ndlovu scored again along with Captain David Moran '96 and freshman Mike Lewis.

Field Hockey: The Big Green displayed strong second half play as they downed Yale 1-0 Saturday afternoon. Lauren Scopaz '00 continued her scoring ways, as she was the only player to record a goal. Complete story in tomorrow's issue.