Over the Weekend

Field Hockey: The Big Green went 1-1 on the road over the weekend. Saturday, Dartmouth was downed by a tough Princeton team 7-1. But the Big Green rebounded to defeat Lasalle 6-2 yesterday afternoon behind freshman standout Lauren Scopaz's two goals. Complete story in tomorrow's issue.

Men's Golf: The Dartmouth men golfers ended second in the Dartmouth Invitational this weekend. Co-Captain Mackenzie Hurd '98 led the Big Green. See page 15 for complete story.

Men's Tennis: Freshman Charles Drimal defeated teammate Robert Chen 6-1, 6-3 in the finals of the C Division at the Yale Invitational. In A Doubles, Rob Simek '99 and Erich Holzer '99 placed second behind Harvard. Complete story in tomorrow's issue.

Volleyball: The women's volleyball team placed third in this weekend's Dartmouth Invitational behind superb defensive play. See page 13 for complete story.

Men's Soccer: Dartmouth traveled to Princeton this weekend where they tied the Tiger 1-1 in a physical, intense game. See page 13 for complete story.

Men's Rugby: The men's rugby team pounded the University of Connecticut 44-9 Saturday at home. Micke Morn '97 led the Green with 24 points. The Big Green B and C teams were also victorious. Complete report in tomorrow's issue.

Men's Water Polo: The Big Green defeated Exeter 18-9 this weekend. Dartmouth's B-team, however, lost a tight 17-12 game to Williams.

Sailing: Over the weekend, Dartmouth was in action in various regattas. Led by Dan Herlihy, Lauren Tulp, Marcus Coe and Hollis Von Summer, the freshman placed first out of seven teams at the Dartmouth Invite. In women's competition, Carrie Gilbert '97, Amanda Ruscitto '97 and Summer Craig '97 led the Big Green to a second place finish out of 10 teams at the Sloop New England Championships. The varsity squad placed 7th out of 18 at the Hood Trophy regatta.

Women's Golf: The Dartmouth linksters were at the Yale Invitational this past weekend where they did particularly well, placing in the top 10. Complete story and all results in tomorrow's issue.