Women's hockey falls

After weekend battles against Brown and Providence College, the women's hockey team returned to Hanover with two more losses, falling to a record of 7-7-1.

Saturday's match up against undefeated Brown did not provide too many highlights for Dartmouth, who entered the game as the underdog.

The Big Green never came back from a 4 goal defecit which started with a Brown goal 12 minutes into the first period. Gretchen Ulion scored the single goal for the Big Green in the 5-1 loss.

Coach George Crowe said, "We have to have everything working well for us in order to beat these teams, and we just didn't this weekend."

On Sunday, Providence handed the squad their second defeat of the weekend. The Big Green, however, used the 7-3 loss to work on some of their mistakes from Saturday. Senior captain Gretchen Ulion tied up the game at 1-1 late in the first period.

Captain Kim Cohen '94 added a goal in the second period, while Michelle Erickson '96 capped off Big Green scoring in the third period. Sarah Lenczner '97 held off 29 Lady Friar shots in the losing effort.

Providence's Stephanie Sullivan peppered the Dartmouth net with 4 goals to insure the Lady Friars' victory.

Crowe feels the Big Green can still make the ECAC playoffs, which could prove to be the turning point in their season.