Water polo undefeated

The Dartmouth water polo club scored 8.7 seconds into their season and never looked back on its way to an impressive 4-0 start. Dartmouth defeated teams from Wesleyan, the University of Rhode Island, Amherst and Trinity at the Wesleyan Tournament.

Eleven teams participated in the tournament. Each squad played four games this weekend and will play four more next weekend.

In the first game, Dartmouth shocked the home team, Wesleyan, with an 8-5 victory. The Big Green continued their winning ways with an easy 16-9 victory over Rhode Island. Jon Kenyon '97 came up with an amazing eleven-point performance which included three two-pointers.

Dartmouth's third game against Amherst was its most challenging. The Big Green jumped out to an early 5-0 lead on three points from Jon Kenyon and one point from both Chuck Kenyon and Howie Silverman '97.

Amherst came to life in the second quarter, scoring five straight points. But with 0.29 seconds remaining in the first half, Jon Kenyon scored from six meters to give Dartmouth a 6-5 halftime lead.

In the second half Amherst started out quickly, tying the game at six and then took the lead on a questionable two-point shot. After a Dartmouth timeout, Bob Halk '94 scored to pull the Big Green within one at the end of the third.

The fourth period was all Dartmouth, with a goal from each of the Kenyon brothers and several outstanding saves from goalie Kevin O'Neil '97 that preserved the 9-8 victory. In their final game, the Big Green defeated Trinity, 8-6.

For the tournament, Jon Kenyon had 24 points, Chuck Kenyon '94 had eight assists and Halk had seven steals. O'Neil turned in a stellar performance in goal with 32 saves.