Campus Blotter: Fieldstock

By Laura Weiss, The Dartmouth Staff | 8/13/14 3:00am

Aug. 8, 10:21 a.m., 1 South Street: A Safety and Security officer responded to an emergency call, and after meeting with a complex employee and a resident, determined that the resident could not operate the elevator, despite swiping her card, so her husband pressed the call button for help, unaware that it would make an automatic 911 call.

Aug. 9, 12:18 a.m., McCulloch Hall: Safety and Security and the Hanover Fire Department responded to a campus dormitory where a conference attendee, who is not a student at the College, was suffering an allergic reaction. She was brought to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center for treatment.

Aug. 9, 2:24 a.m., Connecticut River: Safety and Security officers noticed three members of the Class of 2016 running nude across the Ledyard Bridge from Vermont to New Hampshire. Safety and Security notified Hanover Police, who responded, after the students admitted to Safety and Security officers that they had swam across the river and were doing the “Ledyard Challenge.”

Aug. 9, 3:33 a.m., New Hampshire Hall: Safety and Security responded to a reported “Good Samaritan” call that a woman was possibly intoxicated. It was found that while she had been drinking, she was not intoxicated.

Aug. 9, 5 a.m., Fullington Farm: Safety and Security and Hanover Police responded to a report of tree damage on the front lawn. The damage was due to a motor vehicle accident that had occurred earlier that evening, and the driver has been identified though initially leaving the scene. The incident is under investigation by the police department.

Aug. 9, 10:18 a.m., Bema: A Safety and Security officer was patrolling the area and found graffiti reading “question everything” in red, as well as a triangle, on a rock behind the Bema’s observation area. Fresh spray paint was also discovered behind the area’s bleachers. Hanover Police were notified and made a report.

Aug. 10, 2:26 a.m., Bema: Hanover Police responded, at the request of Safety and Security officers, to a report of three subjects, who were not identified or located, running away from the area near the stage, where a tent was set up. The incident is under investigation by police, but evidence indicated the individuals were likely not students at the College.

Aug. 10, 2:54 a.m., Kemeny Hall: Safety and Security, Hanover Police and the Hanover Fire Department responded to a report of a male, who, it was later determined, was not affiliated with the College, passed out in front of the building on the sidewalk. The individual, who had been at a wedding reception, was brought to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center for further evaluation.

Laura Weiss, The Dartmouth Staff