Aquatic Tigers outlast Big Green swimmers

Both the men's and the women's swim teams fell to the Princeton Tigers this weekend. For the women, it was their fourth meet in five days. For the men, it was their first meet since last week's victory against UMass.

"It was really hard [competing in four meets in five days]." Courtney DuBois '99 said. "I think that as a team we did really well today. Today was definitely the hardest meet and we pulled together and put in a solid performance."

DuBois led the women's team throughout the grueling five day stretch, winning both the three meter and the one meter competition Wednesday against the University of Vermont, Friday at the University of Buffalo, and yesterday at Cornell University.

Against Vermont, she shattered both the team and pool records on the one meter and the three meter boards. She scored 284.25 on the one meter and 292.65 on the three meter. The performance qualifies DuBois for the NCAA Zone Diving Championships in March. Against Princeton, DuBois stayed true to form and won the three meter competition by 30 points.

In the pool, Amy Schneeberger '97 gave Dartmouth its first and only win of the day, taking the 200 yard butterfly in 2:09.07. When all was said and done, Princeton came out on top 137-99.

The loss brought the Big Green's record to 6-6 overall and 1-5 in the Ivy League.

On the men's side, the Big Green trailed 15-2 after the first relay. However, they didn't have to wait long for their first victory as Matt Brennan '98 cut Princeton's lead to six. Brennan won the 800 yard IM in 8:48.08.

Captain Jon Kenyon '97 turned in Dartmouth's second win in the 100 backstroke, finishing in 53.22. Doug Doucet '98 went on to win the 500 freestyle in 4:45.20, while Dan Concannon '00 took top honors in the 100 breastroke in 1:00.00.

On the diving board, Mark Devlin '98 turned in a personal best performance on the 3 meter board, scoring 274.2 points to earn second place. On the one meter board, Toby Hays '99 took first with 299.7 points.

However, Princeton's depth overcame the Big Green, as the men lost 157-86. The loss brings their record to 2-5 overall and 0-4 Ivy League.