Seanie Civale and Amanda Smith
The Setonian
Mirror

What Have We Done?

Senior spring is hilariously weird. We’ve tried to understand it and the way it makes us feel, which means that we have spent much of the past week sitting on our bed (Amanda) and futon (Seanie), thinking.

The Setonian
Mirror

What Have We Done?

Driving for long distances can be scary, hilarious and cathartic. I sometimes tend to think that things inevitably erupt in chaos — that the world is a big and terrifying pot we float around in and hope doesn’t bubble over on our side. But road trips prove that things can go wrong and still end up so right.

The Setonian
Mirror

What Have We Done?

There’s something about dealing with big things that makes us catastrophize the little ones. Looking into the mysterious labyrinth of our futures, we manage to stay calm by directing our sweat at the small stuff instead. Many self-help books would call this tactic counterintuitive and deeply flawed, but, as Fernando Pessoa once said: “In order to understand, I destroyed myself.”

The Setonian
Mirror

What Have We Done?

Like many of our peers, we keep a mental list of all of the big things we need to accomplish at Dartmouth and beyond. Due to this ambitious mental life list, we often think of ourselves as being destined for greatness.

More articles »