Rich Shen and Austin Lim
The Setonian
Sports

Any Given Thursday

At every high school reunion, you will always find that one jock who peaked in high school and can’t seem to let it go. He always comes back wearing his old varsity letterman’s jacket with his hair combed just a little too perfectly, and he’ll start off every conversation with “you remember the time when...” before delving into some long story no one else remembers. This guy will probably still be reliving the “glory days” at the next reunion — and every reunion after for that matter. Some people just can’t accept that they are on the decline, and they just refuse to exit the game gracefully.

The Setonian
Sports

Any Given Thursday

Last week we talked about how it would feel to be a fan of the teams in the Western conference of the National Basketball Association, and this week we will talk about the teams in the East. \n Atlanta Hawks: They have one of the best playing styles in basketball.

The Setonian
Sports

Any Given Thursday

The events on Saturday culminated with the 2015 Sprite Slam Dunk, one of the most entertaining dunk contests I can remember. For this edition of “Any Given Thursday,” we decided to share our reactions to each one of these dunks.

The Setonian
Sports

Any Given Thursday

Twenty-six seconds left. Second-and-goal from the one-yard line. Make a touchdown here and the Seattle Seahawks would move ahead by three points, virtually guaranteeing the team a Super Bowl victory.

The Setonian
Sports

Any Given Thursday

In case you’ve been living under a rock for the past month, there happens to be this quiet, little event going on this Sunday. You’ve probably never heard of it, after all it’s only the most over-hyped and over-analyzed sporting event of the year.

The Setonian
Sports

Any Given Thursday

Last Sunday, many of us witnessed one of the greatest comebacks to ever occur in a playoff football game. The game perfectly illustrated why football can be such a thrilling ride, and how it can leave many of us craving more. Unfortunately, the only football this Sunday will be the annual Pro Bowl, which epitomizes the fact that All-Star games in professional sports never live up to their potential.

The Setonian
Sports

Any Given Thursday

With the college football playoffs coming to an end, we decided that we would write this article about which National Basketball Association player we would build a team around. With the emergence of several new superstars in the NBA this year, including Stephen Curry and Anthony Davis, we began dreaming of scenarios to play general manager.

More articles »