Katie Gonzalez
The Setonian
News

Daily Debriefing

Student loan defaults rose to 8.8 percent in the fiscal year ending on Sept. 30, marking a 1.8-percent increase from last year, according to Department of Education data released on Monday.

Students participating in Consent Day on Friday learned about safe sex habits through informational booths and games.
News

Students learn about consent issues

Courtesy of Shaun Akhtar Courtesy of Shaun Akhtar Over 17 Greek and community organizations staged informational booths and games such as sex-position twister and lubricant tasting during this year's annual Consent Day, which took place on Friday afternoon.

The Setonian
Mirror

Some Are Wise, Some Are Otherwise...

This September, the new worst class ever will arrive in Hanover, sad to be leaving their high school friends, confused about Dartmouth terms like "facetime" and "blitz" (RIP) and inevitably looking for guidance on this oh-so-large and bustling campus.

The Setonian
News

VAC construction disrupts business

Although the College's new Visual Arts Center is still slated to open in May 2012, construction of the building's foundation has taken longer and has been noisier than builders and project managers anticipated, according to Chief Facilities Operator Linda Snyder.

The Setonian
News

DHMC nurses in talks with reps. to unionize

Following complaints stemming from recent budget cuts and overcrowding at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, nurses at the hospital are considering unionization and are currently engaged in discussions with Massachusetts Nurses Association representatives, DHMC media relations manager Rick Adams said in an interview with The Dartmouth. Representatives from the Massachusetts Nurses Association first attempted to unionize DHMC in 2008, but those efforts ended in 2009, Adams said. The renewed interest in unionization was likely the result of a June "Management Action Plan" a six-step plan attempting to fill a $15 million gap in DHMC's budget for fiscal year 2010 that instituted policy changes that were unpopular with several nurses, Adams said. "We're seeing declining revenues, fewer patients," Adams said.

07.30.10.news.KimLecture
News

Kim outlines ‘habits' for success

ANNIE VILLANUEVA / The Dartmouth ANNIE VILLANUEVA / The Dartmouth In order to lead successful lives, students must be empathetic and take risks that benefit others, College President Jim Yong Kim told students, faculty and community members in the second and final installment of this summer's Presidential Lecture series on Thursday afternoon in Moore Theater.

The Setonian
News

Ameer to serve as Assoc. Dean

Harvard University's Interim Director of Advising Programs Inge-Lise Ameer has been appointed the first Associate Dean of the College for Student Support Services, according to Acting Dean of the College Sylvia Spears.

Sarah Laeuchli '11 is one of three receipients of the Theater Department's Annual Frost Dodd Festival.
Arts

Laeuchi '11 presents her play, ‘The Rose Garden'

After a temporary departure from directing plays at Dartmouth to study story-telling styles in Africa, Sarah Laeuchli '11 who was named one of the three winners of the Eleanor Frost and Rush & Loring Dodd Annual Playwriting Festival will debut her premier play, "The Rose Garden" at the Hopkins Center ...

More articles »