Grace Afsari-Mamagani
The Setonian
News

Alumni to select trustee candidates

The Alumni Council will consider a unanimous recommendation by the Nominating and Alumni Trustee Search Committee to nominate one individual for each open, alumni-elected trustee seat in the upcoming year's election, according to an email sent to Council members on Aug.

The Setonian
News

Atlas report adjusts for living costs

In response to criticism that their statistical reports on Medicare expenditures failed to take into account regional variations in cost of living expenses, researchers at the Dartmouth Atlas Project of Health Care have released an analysis that adjusts for that variable.

The Setonian
News

Baker-Berry renovations proceed

Courtesy of Justin Anderson Piles of steel beams and exposed insulation hide behind translucent plastic tarps in what remains of the Berry News Center, which is scheduled to open as a coffee bar and social space during Spring term, according to Dean of Libraries Jeffrey Horrell.

The Setonian
News

New amendment may decrease Title X funds

The availability of medical resources for Upper Valley residents, including College students, could decline following the approval of an amendment that would eliminate all federal funding for Planned Parenthood, according to Kary Jencks, New Hampshire public affairs director for Planned Parenthood of Northern New England. The U.S.

The Setonian
News

Water flea offers key scientific info.

Despite its size, Daphnia pulex a crustacean less than a few millimeters in length may revolutionize scientists' understanding of the relationship between genes and the environment, according to a paper written by members of the Daphnia Genomics Consortium, an international group that includes Dartmouth researchers.

The Setonian
News

Court reviews summary judgement

The New Hampshire Supreme Court will likely decide whether to dismiss the alumni lawsuit filed against the College in November 2008 within six to 10 weeks, following a summary hearing held Thursday morning, according to Eugene Van Loan, an attorney who represents the plaintiffs in the lawsuit. The Court will choose either to affirm dismissal effectively ending the case or to reverse the decision of the New Hampshire Superior Court and proceed with a trial to decide "whether or not there really is a right to parity," Van Loan, who works at Wadleigh, Starr & Peters, P.L.L.C., said in an interview with The Dartmouth. The Supreme Court has no precise deadline for issuing an opinion, but is expected to do so "within the early spring," Van Loan said. The lawsuit filed by B.V.

The Setonian
News

Trustees discuss tuition over phone

Following its eight-hour conference call Friday, the Board of Trustees did not reach a final decision regarding the anticipated increase in tuition costs, College President Jim Yong Kim said in an interview with The Dartmouth.

More articles »

More media »