Campus Blotter: Winter Carnival 2017

By Emma Chiu | 2/15/17 8:32pm

Due to popular demand, Dartbeat has revamped our weekly coverage of Campus Blotter. What better way to kick things off than exploiting shenanigans from Winter Carnival 2017?

Feb. 10, 10:31 p.m., Wheeler Hall: Safety and Security officers and Hanover Fire responded to render aid to a student found to be intoxicated needing medical attention. The student was transported to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center by ambulance and was later transferred back to Dick’s House.

<p></p>

Feb. 10, 11:03 p.m., West Wheelock Street: Safety and Security officers assisted Hanover Police with two students who had been arrested for open container and possession by consumption. The students were released to the Safety and Security officers and reported to Dick’s House.

Feb. 10, 11:58 p.m., Baker-Berry Library: Safety and Security officers, Dartmouth EMS, Hanover Police and Hanover Fire rendered medical care to a student for intoxication. The individual was transported to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, was subsequently admitted, and later transferred back to campus.

Feb. 11, 12:26 a.m., Lebanon Street: Safety and Security officers, Hanover Police and Hanover Fire rendered medical care to a student for intoxication. The individual was transported to Dick’s House where they were admitted for the night.

Feb. 11, 12:40 a.m., Little Hall: Safety and Security officers and Dartmouth EMS rendered medical care to a student for intoxication. The individual was transported to Dick’s House for evaluation and was admitted.

Feb. 11, 12:52 a.m., Brown Hall: Safety and Security officers and Dartmouth EMS rendered medical assistance to a student for intoxication. The individual was transported to Dick’s House and admitted for the night.

Feb. 11, 1:10 a.m., North Main Street: Safety and Security and Dartmouth EMS rendered medical care to a student for intoxication. Hanover Fire also responded and transported the student to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center for further evaluation.

Feb. 11, 1:11 a.m., Novack Cafe: Safety and Security officers rendered medical care to a student for intoxication. The individual was transported to Dick’s House but while on route, fled from the Safety and Security officers. The individual was located, brought to Dick’s House and admitted but the individual ran from Dick’s House. The individual was subsequently located yet again, and Hanover Police were called. Hanover Police took the individual into protective custody and the individual was transported to Grafton County Jail. 

Feb. 11, 2 a.m., Dartmouth campus: Safety and Security officers and Dartmouth EMS rendered medical care to two students for intoxication. One individual had been observed falling down, the other was seen walking into a glass door. Dartmouth EMS evaluated the students and determined that they were acceptable to be turned over to sober individuals.

Feb. 11, 2:37 a.m., Crosby Street: Safety and Security officers and Dartmouth EMS rendered medical care to a student for intoxication. The individual was transported to Dick’s House and was admitted for the night.

Feb. 11, 6:16 a.m., South Fayerweather Hall: Safety and Security, Hanover Fire and Dartmouth EMS responded to South Fayerweather Hall for an unresponsive male. The student was found lying on the floor and was transported to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center for intoxication.

Feb. 11, 11:37 p.m., Mid-Massachusetts Hall: Safety and Security officers rendered medical care to a student for intoxication. The student was transported to Dick’s House.

Feb. 11, 11:59 p.m., Bones Gate: Safety and Security officers assisted Hanover Police with a 911 call from a student that another student had hit him in the face when he was trying to leave Bones Gate. Hanover Police investigated the assault and determined that no charges would be brought against the individual.

Feb. 12, 1:12 a.m., GDX: Safety and Security officers were flagged down by a student who said he had just been pushed at North Main Street by another student. The individual said that the person who had engaged in pushing had also been pushing other people at the scene. The incident is now under investigation.

Feb. 12, 2:24 a.m., The Green: Safety and Security and Hanover Police approached a student who had taken off all of his clothes in the middle of the Green. Hanover Police informed the student of the New Hampshire Statute for Indecent Exposure and the student was then released.

Feb. 12, 2:47 a.m., Richardson Hall: Safety and Security officers and Dartmouth EMS evaluated a student for possible intoxication who had been found sleeping in the common area of Richardson Hall. The student was transported to Dick’s House for further evaluation.

Feb. 12, 5:15 a.m., Visual Arts Center: Safety and Security and Hanover Fire rendered medical care for a student who had passed out at the Black Family Visual Arts Center. The student was transported to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center for further evaluation.

Emma Chiu