Best of the Campus Blotter 2015

By Paula Mendoza | 11/17/15 3:45am

Ah, the end of yet another term. It’s so close you can practically taste it. Or maybe that’s the taste of the Thanksgiving turkey you’re so eagerly anticipating. But before we part ways, let us take a stroll down memory lane in honor of a glorious 2015, full of cringe-worthy and laughable campus shenanigans. From bikes to booze andcandles to chicken costumes, we present the best of the Campus Blotter.
Apr. 3, 3:02 p.m., Little Residence Hall:Safety and Security officers responded to a report of a student using pepper spray in the Choates cluster. Safety and Security located the student and confiscated the pepper spray. There were reportedly no injuries.

Apr. 4, 10:12 p.m., Cohen Residence Hall:Safety and Security officers were unlocking a student’s door at Cohen when they came upon students in possession of hard alcohol. The alcohol was disposed of. This was reportedly the first hard alcohol violation on campus since the implementation of the hard alcohol ban.

Apr. 5, 2:26 a.m., Alumni Gym:Safety and Security officers responded to a report of an unauthorized entry at Alumni Gym. The students were reportedly found in the female sauna and claimed they were doing a school project.

Apr. 20, 2:05 a.m., Novack Café:Safety and Security officers received a report of an individual sleeping in Novack room 71. Dispatchers determined that the individual was not affiliated with the College and had a prior offense of sleeping on College property. The individual was issued a trespass letter and transported by ambulance to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center for a high level of intoxication.

May 10, 9:10 a.m., Goldstein Residence Hall: Safety and Security officers responded to Goldstein, where they found an individual passed out on a toilet. The individual was awakened, transported to Dick’s House and admitted for the remainder of the day.

Sept. 19, 12:25 a.m., Collis Student Center: Safety and Security officers, Hanover Police and Hanover Fire Department attempted to locate a student who had placed three 911 calls stating he had a collapsed lung while at Collis. After finding the student and confirming he was OK, the individual stated he had had a strong reaction to alcohol consumption. He was admitted to Dick’s House for the evening, and Hanover Police obtained an arrest warrant for false reporting to a law enforcement agency.

Sept. 19, 1:57 a.m., McLane Residence Hall: Safety and Security officers responded to a report of bikes being thrown over the patio at McLane Hall. Several bikes appeared to have been thrown over the hall but were undamaged and returned to the bike rack. No one was identified.

Sept. 20, 12:52 a.m., Wheeler Residence Hall: Safety and Security officers, Hanover Police and Hanover Fire Department responded to a fire alarm in a student room in Wheeler. It was determined that an individual had left candles burning, catching a comforter and box of tissues on fire. Safety and Security officers put out the fire and the Hanover Fire Department removed the burnt material and allowed students back into the residence hall.

Sept. 25, 11:46 p.m., Bissell Residence Hall: Safety and Security officers responded to a report of a room party. Upon arrival, there was evidence of drinking and two desks were pushed together to create a pong table. Two students were transported to and admitted into Dick’s House.

Oct. 9, 9:09 p.m., The Green: During the Homecoming bonfire, the Hanover Police Department arrested a student for “disorderly conduct” after the individual had entered the inner circle and touched the bonfire.

Oct. 10, 2:08 a.m., Robinson Hall: Safety and Security officers provided medical assistance to an intoxicated student, who was found sleeping in Robinson Hall. The individual was transported to Dick’s House for further evaluation and was admitted for the rest of the night.

Oct. 31, 11:26 p.m.: Safety and Security officers and Dartmouth EMS encountered a male student in a chicken costume showing signs of heavy intoxication. The student was transported to Dick’s House and admitted for the night.

Nov. 1, 12:35 a.m.: Safety and Security officers and Dartmouth EMS along with the Hanover Police and Fire Departments rendered aid to a student who sustained injuries while running from Dartmouth Safety and Security Officers. The individual ran directly into a parked vehicle and was then transported to DHMC where he received treatment for his intoxication and minor injuries.

Paula Mendoza