Campus Blotter

By Luke McCann, The Dartmouth Staff | 2/4/14 9:00am

Jan. 31, 8:20 p.m., Lyme Road: Safety and Security, the College Troubleshooters and Hanover Fire Department responded to a fire alarm. There was no fire and the fire captain said the cause of the alarm was unknown. Batteries were replaced in the smoke detectors.

Feb. 1, 12:38 a.m., Judge Hall: A Safety and Security officer transported a female member of the Class of 2017 to the emergency room at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center for an earplug stuck in her ear. She was treated, released and brought back to campus.

Feb. 1, 12:54 a.m., Brown Hall: Safety and Security conducted a welfare check on a female member of the Class of 2016 at the request of her mother, who had not heard from her daughter by telephone that night. An officer located the student in her residence hall. She called her mother to reassure her that she had been at a party with friends.

Feb. 1, 1:42 a.m., Kappa Kappa Kappa Fraternity: Safety and Security, Dartmouth Emergency Medical Service, the Hanover Fire Department and Hanover Police responded to an intoxicated male member of the Class of 2016, who was transported to DHMC due to his level of intoxication. He was later transported to Dick’s House and admitted.

Feb. 1, 2:23 a.m., Fahey Hall: A Safety and Security officer responded to a call from Fahey Hall, where a female member of the Class of 2017 had vomited. The officer transported her to Dick’s House, where she spent the night.

Feb. 1, 7:39 p.m., Thompson Arena: A Safety and Security officer was notified of an intoxicated male member of the Class of 2017. He was evaluated by Dartmouth EMS and transported to Dick’s House, where he was admitted due to his level of intoxication.

Feb. 2, 2:51 a.m., Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity: Safety and Security and Dartmouth EMS responded to an intoxicated male member of the Class of 2017. He was transported to Dick’s House, where he spent the night due to his level of intoxication.

Feb. 2, 4:42 p.m., Dartmouth Skiway: A female member of the Class of 2017 sustained an injury to her head while skiing on the Howard Chivers trail. She was transported by the Ski Patrol to the first aid area, then by ambulance to DHMC.

Feb. 2, 6:07 p.m., Thomas Hall: A Safety and Security officer and Hanover Fire Department responded to a fire alarm caused by burning food on the third floor.

Feb. 3, 4:29 a.m., Hopkins Center: A Safety and Security officer on routine motor patrol noticed that the Hopkins Center marquee had been changed to say something that could be construed as offensive. The officer removed the letters.

Luke McCann, The Dartmouth Staff